Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Ida Mae (Dye) Allen - Women's History Month Post

Dear Grandparents,
It's been a couple of weeks since I have had the chance to post an additional story for Women's History Month. One of the activities suggested by Lisa Alzo is to create a Genealogy Trading card for a female ancestor using bighugelabs.com. The website allows one to make magazine covers, calendars and all sorts of things that could be genealogically oriented. It is free but you need to create an account. They have a gift center where you can purchase the things that you create but you can just download many of them.  I chose to make one for Ida Mae (Dye) Allen, my great grandmother.



The card only took a few minutes to make. Next time, I would more carefully crop her photograph. An entire deck of cards can be created for ancestors. I highly recommend giving it a try.

Love,
Cecily Cone Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment